Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hello, Caper Sock.

As many of you already know, String Theory yarns move quickly around here. One week, we're tearing into a box of their hand-dyed yarn, and the next, it seems, we're studying an emptying cubby of Caper Sock, wondering how we sold out of so many colors so quickly. It gives us an excuse to give them a call and request more, of course, and with each order, we are tempted by the many colorways we haven't stocked before. Our most recent order brought the biggest variety of Caper Sock we've seen yet.


What a spectrum! I find myself selecting colors I'd normally pass over. Suddenly, I like purple, and grass green.


Those of you who subscribe to our newsletter may already know that I recently self-published a pattern using Caper Sock.


North Arrow is a two-color garter stitch scarf with a short-row triangle and chevron stripes. My version is now hanging in the shop, so you can see and touch the scrumptious, soft fabric that Caper Sock creates. With our current selection of colors, choosing a pair for North Arrow makes for a fun diversion. I'd love to see a North Arrow in any of these combinations, for example:






Or you could follow Anne's lead, and knit a North Arrow in Malabrigo Sock yarn.


We have even more Malabrigo Sock to choose from than we do Caper Sock, if you'll recall, making the color-combining into a seemingly-endless game. Come to the shop and play!


And do take a look at North Arrow on Ravelry, if you're interested. I'd love to hear what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment