Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hello, Malabrigo Finito.

A few months ago, I overheard Anne having a serious-sounding phone conversation with a representative from Malabrigo Yarns. I heard her request "a bag in every color" and knew it must be something good. Then a pause. Then, "better make it two bags in every color." It must be very good indeed, I thought. How right I was!


Malabrigo has released another new yarn: Finito, a fingering weight superfine merino wool. Produced in limited quantities only once a year, Finito is made from the very finest of merino wool fiber, and beautifully hand-dyed in the usual Malabrigo fashion. The people at Malabrigo told us it was softer than their usual merino wool, which was hard to imagine, but I must say, they weren't wrong. Each 50 gram skein is 200 yards long and deliciously soft to the touch.



Of course Anne has already selected enough for a sweater. I tried to exercise some restraint and only came home with three skeins to play with. What will become of these three skeins I don't quite know, but I'm sure I will have a wonderful time finding out.


Come by the shop to see this newest Malabrigo yarn as well as the old favorites: Malabrigo Lace, Sock, Arroyo, Rios, Silky Merino, Worsted, and Twist. See you at the shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment